Posting Date: Dec 2021
The Lab Assistant is responsible for carrying out duties to facilitate the advancement of the Soft Red Winter Wheat breeding program. The Lab Assistant will work under the direction of the Station Manager for Grow Pro Genetics, LLC. The primary duties of the Lab Assistant will be to assist in processing and organization of the wheat and lab according to the standards set forth by the Director of Research.
Essential duties and Responsibilities:
- Attention to detail.
- Process harvested wheat according to processing protocols.
- Organize, sort inventory, and package seed.
- Keep all work areas clean and organized.
- Follow all safety precautions and report any safety issues to Station Manager.
Position Qualifications and Experience Requirements:
- High School diploma, GED, or previous work experience.
- Valid driver’s license
- Recommendation from previous employer and/or professor/teacher.
- Follow written protocols and procedures.
- Communicate clearly and effectively with manager.
Working Conditions (Physical & Mental Requirements)
- Ability to work around low levels of wheat dust.
- Lift 30 lbs. repeatedly.
- Read and follow written protocols.
- Work within a team to accomplish team goals.
Department: Product Development
Location: Hamel, IL
Position Type: Seasonal/hourly/As needed
Manager: Station Manager
Grow Pro Genetics, LLC will provide equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Grow Pro is committed to ensuring that diversity and inclusion are a part of our everyday business.
By submitting an application, you are certifying that your answers are true and accurate and that any information found to be false can result in your employment being terminated.